Wednesday 20 November 2013

To be Bigger & Better (why we make the decisions we make)



In this Vlog/ Blog I share a story about a recent conversation I had with a man that left me feeling rather unsettled and slightly confused.

In my life to date I have yet to attend a networking event or random introduction where I've encountered anyone, upon the initial exchanging of pleasantries, to share openly, about who they actually are, opposed to what it is that they do with their life.

I am taking for granted here that one of our primary goals in life is to be liked, loved and unconditionally accepted by others just for being who we simply are.

The three main values that govern almost every decision we make in life are significance, self value and security: i.e. Will doing whatever I am doing with my life make me feel more secure within myself, more significant in the world and of greater value to other human beings.

Although some may find this video controversial, I share a series of other true stories about how differing people can all act and behave in completely contrasting ways whilst sharing exactly the same values: to be seen as bigger, better, more secure, significant, and of more value to the world - we all just go about pursuing these aim in entirely different ways.

It is my aim in sharing this video that you become one step closer towards recognising the motives and values you have in your own life. Just because the things you sometimes do in life seem right in your own eyes, this doesn't mean that these things are good or helpful for anyone else.


Kain

http://www.kainramsay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment