Wednesday 20 November 2013

Becoming the man in the mirror (when it's so easy to screw things up)



Messing up in life is a very easy thing to do when we don't have all the answers, however, becoming the man (or woman) in the mirror and doing what it takes to put things right is very very difficult!


In this brutally honest video I'll tell you the story about how over the process of a number of years, I had managed to completely mess my life up, and drag a number of others along with me.

Some people might watch this video and think that I'm one of the lucky ones who seem's to have my life 'together'. I can promise that this isn't, and never has been the case.

Like everyone else on this planet, I've made many selfish mistakes in my life which I was able to learn from and eventually overcome.

When I hit 'rock bottom' in 2006 I was an alcoholic, a drug addict and heavily depressed about how I was living my life and about how I could see no real future for myself, and further purpose for living, or anyway way in which I could become a better person.

My depression was based upon me simply feeling sorry for myself (even though the doctors suggested the reasons may have been clinical).

It was 2008 before I made a decision to change my life, after almost 3 years of anxiety about my future, depression about my past, and extreme boredom with my life in general.

I share as openly as I'm able to here, about how desperate my life had to become, before I accepted that I didn't have all the answers I was looking for (and that I didn't even know what questions I should be asking)!

Everyone can hit rock bottom, but once we've made a committed decision to change, anyone can pick themselves back up again.

I'm not the special one or unique in any way, I just figured that: "You'll only get one shot in life, but if you can learn how to get it right the first time, ONE SHOT is all you need!"

How do I know this?

Because I've done it!



Live Fully!


Kain


http://www.kainramsay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment