Wednesday 20 November 2013

A Perspective for Life: Part 2



In the 2nd part of this 2 part Life Changing and Motivational Blog/ Vlog series, I follow on from the true story about my dying friend, Marie O'Connor who helped me to bring my whole life into perspective.

In 2009 I met a girl called Marie who was dying with Cystic Fibrosis.


We soon became great friends, and within months I'd encouraged her to dismiss her fears of dying and to embrace the start of the rest of her life. 

We began doing the things that she'd previously believed to be impossible, things that most others take for granted: like walks in the part, trips to the movies, eating in restaurants and outings to the shops. 

In June 2010 Marie caught a serious chest infection which halted momentarily the progress we'd previously been making together. Upon leaving the hospital her doctors and nurses warned her not to take physical risks or over-exert herself in any way in case she was to die, however all that Marie was willing to do was live. 

In Jun 2010 we went for an impulsive 2 mile walk on the promenade, proving that just because we don't know how impossible things happen, they still DO happen. 

On the 20th Dec 2010, Marie died in my arms, grateful and thankful for having had the amazing opportunity to live. 

Moments before her death, Marie found her life. Moments after her death, I found mine. 

This video is an Ode to the bravest girl I have ever met, the girl that gave me a true perspective for living.



Kain


http://www.kainramsay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment